Work to build a new community resource centre at Greenwood Place in Kentish Town has recently started. The new centre will be an opportunity for people with a range of care needs to access high-quality services that will support them to live independently.
There are lots of opportunities that the new fully accessible centre at Greenwood Place will bring, including:
- Camden’s first ever Centre for Independent Living (CIL), which will be user-led and will offer a range of services and activities that support independence, inclusion, health and wellbeing
- Separate spaces for services supporting people with a range of care needs
- Facilities and space that can be used by the whole community, including a cafe, a large room for conferences, events or dance, accessible meeting rooms and rooms designed for art, computers and music activities
- Flexible spaces which can be hired out by community groups and independent organisations
- A building which can be used by social enterprises to provide training and employment opportunities (a social enterprise is a business with a social aim that re-invests any profit back into services or the community)
For more information on the project, visit our project map page